G&L Tribute® Series Guitars
ASAT® Classic Bluesboy™ Semi-Hollow
Shown in Blonde over Swamp Ash
The G&L ASAT® Classic Bluesboy™ is a factory-modded version of Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on guitar, and the semi-hollow version takes it further with G&L’s distinctive twin voice chambers and f-hole added to a beautiful swamp ash body. Like its solid-body stablemate, this axe delivers a well-balanced pairing of a G&L alnico humbucker and a single-coil G&L Magnetic Field Design™ bridge pickup designed by Leo Fender†.
Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil MFD™ bridge pickup delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the neck ‘bucker and you’ll discover all the charismatic warmth you could ask for. Put ‘em together and you’ll find yourself immersed in exploring the limits of this guitar’s surprising versatility. What’s more, the semi-hollow body softens the midrange attack, accentuating the low and high harmonics.
The Tribute® Series ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow is dripping with authentic G&L mojo at a price attainable for every working musician. Once you play a G&L Tribute Series, you’ll never look back.
- •Tobacco Sunburst over swamp ash body, 3-ply black pickguard, tinted gloss neck finish, rosewood fingerboard
- •Blonde over swamp ash body, tortoise pickguard, tinted gloss neck finish, rosewood fingerboard
- •Clear Orange over swamp ash body, 3-ply cream pickguard, tinted gloss neck finish, maple fingerboard
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive “hook” headstock design, Tribute, ASAT, Bluesboy, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: G&L AS4255C alnico neck humbucker; G&L MFD™ single coil bridge pickup made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: semi-hollow Swamp Ash with twin voice chambers and f-hole
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Maple or Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 9"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: traditional boxed-steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
PG's Shawn Hammond went in-depth on the Bluesboy's modern interpretation of Leo's classic single-cutaway axe and finds there's a whole lot to love. What's more, Shawn throws down a killer video demo showcasing the versatility of the G&L Tribute Series Bluesboy Semi-Hollow.
Check out the full review over at PremierGuitar.com.