G&L USA Guitars
G&L 2012 Special Collection ASAT Classic S
Available for a limited time
The G&L ASAT® Classic S is a factory-modded version of Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. Responding to requests from Nashville studio session players for a third pickup, the G&L crew began custom-building ASAT Classics with a single-coil S-500™ Magnetic Field Design™ pickup created by Leo Fender† in the middle position. It didn’t take long for word to spread, and soon enough this combo was made available to every player with the G&L ASAT Classic S.
Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil MFD™ bridge pickup delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the single-coil MFD neck pickup and you’ll discover a delectably rich tonal palette, from round clean jazz tones to thick, gritty blues. Put ‘em together and you’ll find a whole ‘nother level of heaven. The ASAT Classic S expands the tonal landscape with its S-500 middle pickup and five-position pickup selector to dial up neck+middle and middle+bridge pickup combos, while a push/pull tone pot maintains the traditional neck+bridge combos in the mix, even allowing all three pickups to be employed at once. Whether you’re a session ace or not, the Classic S is a recipe for a delicious variety of tones you’re sure to love.
This latter-day Leo confection is especially tasty with its Nearly Naked™ (NENA) Honey Ale finish over its swamp ash body, tastefully accented with a NOS Baltic Amber pickguard. This Classic S features a rosewood-capped hard-rock maple neck with an easy-playing satin neck finish, while its 12" radius lets you bend notes deeply and its Plek-dressed medium-jumbo nickel frets deliver silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious custom-fit Tolex hardshell case made by G&G Quality Case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- Neck - G&L ASAT Classic MFD™ single coil
- Middle - G&L S-500 RW/RP MFD single coil
- Bridge - G&L ASAT Classic MFD single coil
- BODY WOOD: 2-piece Swamp Ash
- BODY FINISH: Nearly Naked™ (NENA) Honey Ale
- NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Clear Satin
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #1 with 12" radius and 1 5/8 " nut-width with 12" radius
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
- BRIDGE: traditional boxed steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 5-position pickup selector, tone, volume with push/pull expander
enabling neck+bridge or all three pickups together
- PICKGUARD: NOS Baltic Amber pickguard
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case w/Fitted Interior