G&L USA Guitars
Black Ice ASAT Classic Bluesboy
Available for a limited time
The G&L ASAT® Classic Bluesboy™ is a factory-modded version of Leo’s final word on the traditional single-cutaway bolt-on axe. For players looking for the unmistakable warmth of a classic humbucker in the neck position, the Bluesboy delivers with a well-balanced pairing of a Seymour Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover alnico humbucker and a single-coil G&L Magnetic Field Design™ bridge pickup designed by Leo Fender†.
Framed in a classic boxed-steel bridge, the single-coil MFD™ bridge pickup delivers crisp attack with complex harmonics while individual brass saddles offer modern levels of intonation refinement. Flip to the neck ‘bucker and you’ll discover all the charismatic warmth you could ask for. Put ‘em together and you’ll find yourself immersed in exploring the limits of this guitar’s surprising versatility.
This latter-day Leo axe is shows its darker side thanks to a Nearly Naked™ (NENA) Black Ice finish over its swamp ash body. This Bluesboy features a hard-rock maple neck with an easy-playing satin neck finish, while its 12" radius lets you bend notes deeply and its Plek-dressed medium-jumbo nickel frets deliver silky playability. The moment you open the luxurious Tolex hardshell case made by G&G Quality Case, you’ll be greeted with a stunning instrument and delicious aroma that’ll have your pulse racing.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive “hook” headstock design, ASAT, Bluesboy, Magnetic Field Design, MFD, Nearly Naked and NENA are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
† The personal name, likeness and signature of Mr. Clarence Leo Fender are property of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc. and may not be used in any commercial capacity without prior approval. For enquiries regarding the use of the "Leo Fender" name, likeness or signature, please contact us. G&L is not associated with Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.
- Neck - Seymour Duncan Seth Lover SH-55 humbucker
- Bridge - G&L ASAT Classic MFD single coil
- BODY WOOD: 2-piece Swamp Ash
- BODY FINISH: Nearly Naked™ (NENA) Black Ice
- NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Clear Satin
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #1 with 12" radius and 1 5/8 " nut-width
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed lubrication, adjustable knob tension
- BRIDGE: traditional boxed steel bridge with individual brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
- PICKGUARD: deleted
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case