G&L USA Basses
ASAT® Bass Tom Hamilton Signature Model
Shown in Blue Metal Flake
Putting the Punch in the Aerosmith Sound
Aerosmith’s Tom Hamilton has been playing G&L ASAT Basses for nearly twenty years since he bought his first blue metal flake ASAT Bass at 48th Street Custom Guitars in New York City. Since then, G&L has built several more ASAT Basses in a variety of finishes, but there’s something about G&L’s over-the-top metal flake finishes that keeps him coming back for more.
Tom loves the tone, the way the ASAT Bass cuts through the mix in a live setting and the way it tracks beautifully in the studio. Why mess with such a good thing? Well, after listening carefully to Tom’s live performance and studio tracks, we thought we could dial in the pickups to suit Tom’s style even more. Ideas were exchanged and prototypes were built, carefully moving the output and resonant peak until the perfect spec was nailed. Aiden Mullen, Tom’s tech, had this to say:
“The new bass you built for Tom is fantastic, and he started tracking with it like twenty minutes after it arrived. Every G&L we get is excellent, and the new pickups are perfect.”The ASAT Bass Tom Hamilton Signature Model features the new “Hamiltone” Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups mounted in a Western Sugar Pine body for reduced weight and an aged-satin-finished quartersawn maple neck that better withstands the rigors of worldwide touring. Naturally, the model features G&L’s stunning metal flake finishes, available in Blue, Red or Turquoise Metal Flake with a fresh twist: Silver Metal Flake faux double-binding for even more visual pop on stage. Tom’s signature and special caricature are placed discreetly on the rear of the headstock.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, ASAT, Magnetic Field Design and MFD are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
- PICKUPS: Two G&L "Hamiltone" Magnetic Field humbucking pickups
- BODY WOOD: Western Sugar Pine
- BODY FINISH: Choice of Blue, Red, or Turquoise Metal Flake Finish
- NECK WOOD: Quartersawn Maple with Light Tint Satin finish
- NECK FINISH: Light Tint Satin
- NECK PROFILE: G&L #8 with 12" radius and 1 1/2 " nut-width
- FRETS: Medium Jumbo; processed by PLEK
- TUNING KEYS: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles
- ELECTRONICS: G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost), volume, treble, bass
- CASE: Deluxe Hardshell Tolex Case