G&L USA Guitars
Superhawk™ Jerry Cantrell
Shown in Ivory with Ebony fingerboard
Twenty-something years ago, Jerry Cantrell bought his first G&L Rampage while working at a Dallas music store, and he still rocks ‘em hard today. But what Jerry didn’t discover at the time was the G&L Superhawk, a hard-charging model like the Rampage but equipped with twin ‘buckers. That’s changed and so will rock history.
It’s been well over two decades since a G&L Superhawk was last produced. Now G&L is proud to announce the launch of the Superhawk Jerry Cantrell Signature Model, available in two USA-made versions as well as a surprisingly affordable G&L Tribute Series version.
This Superhawk starts out with the same soft maple body and fast-playing hard rock maple neck with ebony fingerboard as the Rampage. It even shares the same Seymour Duncan JB pickup in the bridge position, but adds a Seymour Duncan ’59 in the neck position as well as a 3-position pickup selector and tone control with push/pull coil split. The Rampage’s Kahler bridge is swapped for a G&L Saddle Lock bridge for improved comfort, stronger sustain and rock-solid tuning stability. This axe is all about capturing the Jerry Cantrell feel while offering more tonal versatility.
Founded by Leo Fender in 1980, G&L USA instruments continue to be made in the historic G&L facility on Fender Avenue in Fullerton, California, the Birthplace of Bolt-on™.
The G&L name, stylized G&L logo, distinctive "hook" headstock design, Rampage and Superhawk are registered trademarks or trademarks of G&L Musical Instruments / BBE Sound, Inc.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan '59 humbucker in neck position, Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in bridge positon
- BODY WOOD: Soft Maple
- BODY FINISH: choice of Ivory, Black or Whiskey
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Ebony fingerboard
- NECK FINISH: Clear Satin back with color matched headstock
- NECK PROFILE: G&L custom profile with 14" radius and 1 3/4" nut-width
- NUT: 100% natural bone
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel, Plek dressed
- TUNING KEYS: 12:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock™ with chrome-plated brass saddles
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone
- CASE: deluxe tolex
Not available lefthanded.